Dan Hodin is a co-Chair of the firm's Real Estate practice. For more than 40 years Dan Hodin has advised businesses and individuals on commercial and residential real estate and loan transactions, including acquiring, financing, developing, owning, leasing, managing and selling real estate. Dan has represented local, national and international real estate developers, builders, owners, and office and retail tenants in conjunction with prominent real estate projects including hotels, office buildings, condominiums, apartment complexes and shopping centers located throughout the United States.
Dan knows that responsiveness and organization in the fast-paced world of real estate are key to keeping clients satisfied. He instills confidence in his clients by responding to their inquiries and completing their documents quickly, often faster than they expected. He takes care of his clients, and the brokers, by staying on top of the settlement process, ensuring that all steps are completed as promptly as possible.
Dan’s practice includes advising clients on the initial formation and structuring of real estate transactions, land acquisition, negotiation of construction and architectural contracts, and the obtaining of financing, development, leasing and management of real estate projects. He also represents lenders in connection with commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisition, development and construction loans, business loans and workouts.
Dan is also the founder and president of Presidential Title, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Paley Rothman. Presidential Title handles commercial and residential real estate settlements in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, and several other states and serves as agent for some of the largest title insurance underwriters in the country. Dan has extensive experience in title insurance and underwriting issues, and advises real estate brokerage firms on settlement and title issues that affect the purchase and sale of real estate.
District of Columbia
LL.M. in Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 1982
J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1979
B.S., Tulane University, 1976
"Top Lawyers," - Washingtonian magazine (2022)
Best Lawyers in America - Best Lawyers (2009-2023)
- Real Estate Law
Best Law Firms – U.S. News & Best Lawyers (2023)
- Tier 2 National Ranking for Real Estate Law
- Tier 1 Metropolitan (D.C. area) Ranking for Real Estate Law
"Top Attorneys," Bethesda Magazine (2019, 2021)
- Real Estate - Commercial
- Real Estate - Residential
Maryland Super Lawyers (2009-2010)
Recognized by Washingtonian magazine as one of the top real estate lawyers in the area (2005)
- Eight Paley Rothman Attorneys Named in the Washingtonian’s 2022 Top Lawyers List
- Paley Rothman Earns National and Local Honors in U.S. News “Best Law Firms” 2023 Rankings
- 19 Paley Rothman Attorneys Selected 2023 Best Lawyers ® in America
- Paley Rothman Earns National and Local Honors in U.S. News “Best Law Firms” 2022 Rankings
- Paula Calimafde Named 2022 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in the Washington, D.C. Area and 21 Paley Rothman Attorneys Selected Best Lawyers in America
- Twenty Paley Rothman Attorneys Selected to 2021 Best Lawyers in America
- Dan Hodin Provides Commentary in Greater Media Newspapers Article on Mortgage Loans
- Daniel Hodin Provides Commentary for Law360 Article on Changing Real Estate Laws
Board of Directors of The Jewish Council for the Aging
Board of Directors of Congregation Har Shalom
"Know Before You Owe," by Erik J. Martin, Greater Media Newspapers, June 21, 2016 (page 10)
“RE Law Has Become Much More Than Deals And Dirt,” by Kaitlin Ugolik, Law360, April 10, 2014