Representative Matters: Regulatory Law & Litigation
- Represented the manufacturer at the center of the largest recall of its kind in U.S. history in all aspects of federal multi-district products liability litigation involving over 100 class actions, opt out cases, potential cross-claims between the client and its co-defendant customers, and complex preservation issues.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in a putative class action alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Represented a large pesticide company facing copyright infringement claims based on a federally-mandated product label.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in a federal investigation related to marketing and advertising statements.
- Represented a manufacturer in a Congressional investigation arising out of a recall initiated by its customer.
- Represented numerous pesticide suppliers and distributors in federally-mandated, binding arbitrations involving complex economic and regulatory issues related to the amount of compensation owed to their competitors for reliance on certain scientific data supporting their product registrations.
- Represented a manufacturer in putative class action alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices arising out of label statements.
- Represented a real estate investment trust in federal litigation involving issues related to administrative review and environmental compliance.
December 22, 2021
Jim Hammerschmidt Provided Commentary to SHRM Regarding How HR Leadership Can Take a Creative Approach to Helping All Employees Celebrate Their Holidays
With the winter holidays quickly approaching, Jim Hammerschmidt discussed how HR departments can get creative in how they handle their holiday leave in an article written for SHRM by Katie Navarra.Read More
Contractors looking to collect an unpaid debt should be aware of the pitfalls and procedures for acquiring and utilizing a mechanic’s lien, or else those rights could be...Read More
Glenn Cooper was ranked the No. 1 attorney in Maryland Super Lawyers for the third year in a row. Nine other attorneys were named to the 2021 Maryland Super Lawyers list and three were selected 2021 "Maryland Rising Stars."
For the ninth year in a row, Paley Rothman earned national and local honors in US News-Best Lawyers 2021 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Paley Rothman is pleased to announce that 20 lawyers have been named to the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers in America, and one attorney was named to the Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch list.